Title:European Cross-border Insolvency Regulation: A study of regulation 1346/2000 on insolvency proceedings in the light of a paradigm of co-operation and a Comitas Europaea Author(s):ISRAEL, JonaDate:2005Citation:
- Antwerpen : Intersentia, 2005
Type:BookAbstract:This book presents a comprehensive analysis of the regulation of cross-border insolvencies in Europe. Council Regulation 1346/2000 on Insolvency Proceedings forms the natural focal point of such a study. However, while ...
Title:Changing international law to meet new challenges : interpretation, modification, and the use of force Author(s):LAURSEN, AndreasDate:2006Citation:
- Copenhagen : DJØF Publishing, 2006
Type:BookAbstract:The book provides an approach that is more comprehensive than other contributions within this field. It is located at the intersection of two central and challenging issues in international law. The first concerns the ways ...
Title:‘The Constitution is designed to survive, and remain in force, in extraordinary times’: la sentenza Boumediene v. Bush Author(s):FABBRINI, FedericoDate:2009Citation:
- Quaderni Costituzionali, 2009, 1, 105-108
Type:ArticleAbstract:The case note analyzes the decision of the US Supreme Court in Boumediene v. Bush (2008), holding that the stripping of federal jurisdiction in cases brought by Guantanamo detainees is in violation of the US Constitution.
Title:Il nuovo modello di giustizia costituzionale francese Author(s):FABBRINI, FedericoDate:2008Citation:
- Quaderni Costituzionali, 2008, 4, 894-897
Type:ArticleAbstract:The commentary analyzes the new French system of constitutional review of legislation introduced by the constitutional reform of 2008.
Title:Indigenous peoples' cultural rights and the controversy over commercial use of their traditional knowledge Author(s):LENZERINI, FedericoDate:2008Citation:
- Francesco FRANCIONI and Martin SCHEININ (eds), Cultural human rights, Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2008, International studies in human rights ; 95, pp. 119-149
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Traditional knowledge, biodiversity, benefit-sharing and the patent system : romantics v. economics? Author(s):ULLRICH, HannsDate:2006Citation:
- Francesco FRANCIONI and Tullio SCOVAZZI (eds), Biotechnology and international law, Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart, 2006, Studies in international law ; 9, pp. 201-229
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Sistemi basati sulla conoscenza giuridica e servizi pubblici Author(s):SARTOR, GiovanniDate:2008Citation:
- Informatica e Diritto, 2008, Vol. 34, No. 1-2, pp. 463-476
Type:ArticleAbstract:Dopo aver brevemente introdotto i sistemi basati sulla conoscenza giuridica, se illustrer`a l’uso nella pubblica amministrazione, in particolare per la gestione e la fornitura di servizi pubblici. Di tali sistemi la ricerca ...
Title:Why lawyers are nice (or nasty) : a game-theoretical argumentation exercise Author(s):SARTOR, Giovanni; RUDNIANSKI, Michel; ROTOLO, Antonino; RIVERET, Régis; MAYOR, EunateDate:2009Citation:
- Carole HAFNER (ed.), Proceedings of the 12th international conference on Artificial Intelligence and law, New York : ACM, 2009, pp. 108-119
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This contribution introduces a novel approach to study legal interactions, legal professions, and legal institutions, by combining argumentation, game theory and evolution. We consider a population of lawyers, having ...
Title:A sufficientist approach to reasonableness in legal decision-making and judicial review Author(s):SARTOR, GiovanniDate:2009Citation:
- Giorgio BONGIOVANNI, Giovanni SARTOR and Chiara VALENTINI (eds), Reasonableness and law, New York: Springer, 2009, Law and Philosophy Library, 86, pp. 17-68
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:I shall argue for a sufficientist understanding of reasonableness in legal decision-making: cognitive or moral optimality are not required for reasonableness; what needed is just that a determination—be it epistemic or ...