Title:Rethinking Italy's shrinking place in the international arena Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2016Citation:
- The international spectator ; Italian journal of international affairs, 2016, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 1-12
Type:ArticleAbstract:Italy’s international relations are re-examined in a historical perspective from the 1970s to the present. Italy’s foreign policy is shackled by two features inherited from its modern history: a focus on rank and prestige, ...
Title:Alle origini del 1989: i fattori internazionali Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2010Citation:
- Passato e presente, 2010, 28, 80, 27-39
Type:ArticleAbstract:Historical scrutiny belies the triumphalist, simplistic narratives of 1989 as either an inevitable revolution or the victorious consequence of American pressure. The Reagan effect cannot be discounted but it was a complex ...
Title:NATO: The management of diversity Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2011Citation:
- Quaderni del dipartimento di Scienze Politiche Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 2011, 1, 1, 139-150
Type:ArticleAbstract:The image of a harmonious Atlantic alliance occasionally riven by acute crises was the actors’ own perception, and recurring fear, throughout its Cold War history. A long-term historical assessment, however, emphasizes a ...
Title:Introduction (to 'The International History of European Integration in the Long 1970s. A roundtable discussion on research issues, methodologies, and directions') Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2011Citation:
- Journal of European Integration History, 2011, 17, 2, 333-335
Type:ArticleAbstract:As a specific field of historical enquiry, the history of European integration is seldom integrated in the larger historical narratives on the waning of Soviet Communism, the rise and fall of the Third World project, or ...
Title:Cold war historiography at the crossroads Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- Cold War history, 2014, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 685-703
Type:ArticleAbstract:How is the Cold War understood in an expanding and diversifying historiographical field? Conceptual precision and specificity seem to be giving way to a looser understanding of the Cold War as an era that encompassed ...
Title:European socialist regimes facing globalisation and European co-operation : dilemmas and responses – introduction Author(s):ROMANO, Angela; ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- European Review of History/Revue européenne d'histoire, 2014, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 157-164
Type:ArticleAbstract:So far, historians working on the two sides of what used to be a divided Europe have had considerable contacts but they have operated – at least in the realm of international history and the history of European integration ...
Title:L’Italia nelle trasformazioni internazionali di fine Novecento Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- Silvio PONS, Adriano ROCCUCCI and Federico ROMERO (eds), L'Italia contemporanea dagli anni Ottanta a oggi, Vol. I : Fine della Guerra fredda e globalizzazione, Roma : Carocci, 2014, pp. 15-34, Studi Storici Carocci, Vol. 216
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Neoconservative fantasies and the Japanese analogy Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- Rosa CAROLI and Duccio BASOSI (eds), Legacies of the U.S. occupation of Japan : appraisals after sixty years, Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014, pp. 155-165
Type:Contribution to book