Title:Storia internazionale dell’età contemporanea Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2012Citation:
- Roma, Carocci, 2012, Quality paperbacks
Type:BookAbstract:A survey of international politics and visions of the international system from the late 19th century to the present. Interweaving international, transnational and economic history, it recounts the mains trend and events ...
Title:NATO: The management of diversity Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2011Citation:
- Quaderni del dipartimento di Scienze Politiche Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 2011, 1, 1, 139-150
Type:ArticleAbstract:The image of a harmonious Atlantic alliance occasionally riven by acute crises was the actors’ own perception, and recurring fear, throughout its Cold War history. A long-term historical assessment, however, emphasizes a ...
Title:Europe between the Superpowers, 1968-1981 Author(s):PONS, Silvio; ROMERO, FedericoDate:2011Citation:
- Antonio VARSORI and Guia MIGANI (eds), Europe in the International Arena during the 1970s: Enterning a Different World / L'Europe sur la scène internationale dans les années 1970 : A la découverte d'un nouveau monde, Bruxelles/Bern/Berlin/Frankfurt am Main/New York/Oxford/Wien, Peter Lang, 2011, Euroclio, 58: Studies and Documents / Etudes et documents, 85-97
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The rise and fall of bipolar détente accompanied a redefinition of Western Europe’s identity and its international role. Increasingly united and active in reshaping East-West interactions as well as attempting to affect ...
Title:Introduction (to 'The International History of European Integration in the Long 1970s. A roundtable discussion on research issues, methodologies, and directions') Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2011Citation:
- Journal of European Integration History, 2011, 17, 2, 333-335
Type:ArticleAbstract:As a specific field of historical enquiry, the history of European integration is seldom integrated in the larger historical narratives on the waning of Soviet Communism, the rise and fall of the Third World project, or ...
Title:Was It Important? The United States in Alan Milward’s postwar reconstruction Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2012Citation:
- Fernando GUIRAO, Frances M. B. LYNCH, and Sigfrido M. RAMÍREZ PEREZ (eds), Alan S. Milward and a Century of European Change, London, Routledge, 2012, c2011, Routledge Studies in Modern European History, 351-364
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The essay discusses a critical aspect of Alan Milward’s seminal work on post-war European reconstruction and integration: his interpretation of the political and economic role of the U.S. in the reconstruction of Western ...
Title:Una giovane potenza con ambizioni mondiali Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2010Citation:
- Daniele FIORENTINO (ed.), Gli Stati Uniti e l’Italia alla fine del XIX secolo, Roma, Gangemi, 2010, 11-26
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The article discusses the emergence of US power in the world, at the end of the XIX century, and the historiography that places it within the contours of Euro-American imperialism in an age of rapid globalization. The US ...
Title:Alle origini del 1989: i fattori internazionali Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2010Citation:
- Passato e presente, 2010, 28, 80, 27-39
Type:ArticleAbstract:Historical scrutiny belies the triumphalist, simplistic narratives of 1989 as either an inevitable revolution or the victorious consequence of American pressure. The Reagan effect cannot be discounted but it was a complex ...
Title:International summitry and global governance : the rise of the G7 and the European Council, 1974-1991 Editor(s):MOURLON-DRUOL, Emmanuel; ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- London : Routledge, 2014, Cold War History
Type:BookAbstract:This volume is the first detailed study of the emergence of regular and frequent heads of government meetings (summits), covering the period from the mid-1970s to the early 1990s. Summit meetings of heads of government ...
Title:Introduction : analysing the rise of regular summitry Author(s):MOURLON-DRUOL, Emmanuel; ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- Emmanuel MOURLON-DRUOL and Federico ROMERO (eds), International summitry and global governance : the rise of the G7 and the European Council, London : Routledge, 2014, Cold War History, pp. 1-8
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Refashioning the West to dispel its fears : the early G7 summits Author(s):ROMERO, FedericoDate:2014Citation:
- Emmanuel MOURLON-DRUOL and Federico ROMERO (eds), International summitry and global governance : the rise of the G7 and the European Council, London : Routledge, 2014, Cold War History, pp. 117-137
Type:Contribution to book