Title:Media Practices and Protest Politics: How precarious workers mobilise Author(s):MATTONI, AliceDate:2012Citation:
- Farnham, Ashgate, 2012
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:How do precarious workers employed in call-centres, universities, the fashion industry and many other labour markets organise, struggle and communicate to become recognised, influential political subjects? "Media Practices ...
Title:Clandestine political violence Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2013Citation:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2013, Cambridge Studies in Contentious Politics
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:'Clandestine Political Violence' compares four types of clandestine political violence: left-wing (in Italy and Germany), right-wing (in Italy), ethnonationalist (in Spain) and religious fundamentalist (in Islamist clandestine ...
Title:The Hidden Order of Corruption: An institutional approach Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; VANNUCCI, AlbertoDate:2012Citation:
- Burlington, Ashgate, 2012, Advances in Criminology
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:The Hidden Order of Corruption investigates the hidden order of corruption, looking at the invisible codes and mechanisms that govern and stabilize the links between corrupters and corruptees. When corruption is exposed, ...
Title:Global Movements in Local Struggles: Findings on the Social Forum Process in Italy Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; MOSCA, LorenzoDate:2012Citation:
- Jackie SMITH, Scott BYRD, Ellen REESE and Elizabeth SMYTHE (eds), Handbook on World Social Forum Activism, Boulder, Paradigm Publishers, 2012, 248-265
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:This chapter addresses the developments of local social forums in Italy. It looks especially at their network structures, faming and repertoires of action, as well as their consequences on the Italian social movement sector.
Title:The Riots: A dynamic view Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; GBIKPI, BernardDate:2012Citation:
- Seraphim SEFERIADES and Hank JOHNSTON (eds), Violent Protest, Contentious Politics and the neo-liberal State, Farnham, Ashgate, 2012, The Mobilization Series on Social Movements, Protest, and Culture, 87-102
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Most social science concepts are contested—but some more so. This is the case for riot, that (as terrorism or Nimby), derives from everyday language, and is used in a stigmatizing way to single out irrational and deviant ...
Title:Percorsi di micromobilitazione verso la lotta armata Author(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2012Citation:
- Simone NERI SERNERI (ed.), Verso la lotta armata: La politica della violenza nella sinistra radicale degli anni Settanta, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2012, Percorsi, 327-240
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:The chapter analyses, on the basis of life histories and other biographical materials, different paths of micro-mobilization into the armed struggle. Linking networks and motivations, the authors distinguish three such ...
Title:Political Corruption Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; VANNUCCI, AlbertoDate:2012Citation:
- Edwin AMENTA, Kate NASH and Alan SCOTT (eds), The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Political Sociology, Oxford, Wiley Blackwell, 2012, 130-144
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:This entry reviews social science literature on political corruption, privileging an institutionalist approach. In doing so, it looks at resources and mechanisms of hidden exchange as well as at its governance.
Title:Bridging research on democracy, social movements and communication Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2013Citation:
- Bart CAEMMERTS, Alice MATTONI and Patrick MCCURDY (eds), Mediation and protest movements, Bristol : Intellect, 2013, pp. 21-38
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]