Title:Partecipazione e movimenti sociali Author(s):BIORCIO, Roberto; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2013Citation:
- Gianfranco PASQUINO, Marta REGALIA and Marco VALBRUZZI (eds), Quarant’anni di scienza politica in Italia, Bologna : Il Mulino, 2013, Percorsi, pp. 93-106
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]
Title:Global Movements in Local Struggles: Findings on the Social Forum Process in Italy Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; MOSCA, LorenzoDate:2012Citation:
- Jackie SMITH, Scott BYRD, Ellen REESE and Elizabeth SMYTHE (eds), Handbook on World Social Forum Activism, Boulder, Paradigm Publishers, 2012, 248-265
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:This chapter addresses the developments of local social forums in Italy. It looks especially at their network structures, faming and repertoires of action, as well as their consequences on the Italian social movement sector.
Title:The Riots: A dynamic view Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; GBIKPI, BernardDate:2012Citation:
- Seraphim SEFERIADES and Hank JOHNSTON (eds), Violent Protest, Contentious Politics and the neo-liberal State, Farnham, Ashgate, 2012, The Mobilization Series on Social Movements, Protest, and Culture, 87-102
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Most social science concepts are contested—but some more so. This is the case for riot, that (as terrorism or Nimby), derives from everyday language, and is used in a stigmatizing way to single out irrational and deviant ...
Title:Percorsi di micromobilitazione verso la lotta armata Author(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2012Citation:
- Simone NERI SERNERI (ed.), Verso la lotta armata: La politica della violenza nella sinistra radicale degli anni Settanta, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2012, Percorsi, 327-240
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:The chapter analyses, on the basis of life histories and other biographical materials, different paths of micro-mobilization into the armed struggle. Linking networks and motivations, the authors distinguish three such ...
Title:Enfoques y metodologías en las ciencias sociales : una perspectiva pluralista Editor(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; KEATING, MichaelDate:2013Citation:
- Madrid : Ediciones Akal, 2013, Universitaria
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Este es un nuevo y revolucionario manual que ofrece a profesores y estudiantes de ciclos superiores los principales enfoques y metodologías de investigación en el campo de las ciencias sociales. Escrito por un destacado ...
Title:Mediation and protest movements Editor(s):CAMMAERTS, Bart; MATTONI, Alice; MCCURDY, PatrickDate:2013Citation:
- Bristol : Intellect, 2013
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Over the past year, international and national media have been full of stories about protest movements and tumultuous social upheaval from Tunisia to California. But scholars have not yet fully addressed the connection ...
Title:Advances in the visual analysis of social movements Editor(s):DOERR, Nicole; MATTONI, Alice; TEUNE, SimonDate:2013Citation:
- Research in Social Movements, Conflict and Change, 2013, Vol. 35, Special issue
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:This special issue of Research in Social Movements, Conflicts and Change highlights the importance of visuals in the current study of social movements. It is indispensable reading as it introduces new analytical concepts ...
Title:Controlling corruption in Europe Editor(s):MUNGIU-PIPPIDI, AlinaDate:2013Citation:
- Opladen ; Berlin ; Toronto : Barbara Budrich Publishers, 2013, The Anticorruption Report, 1
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]; [ANTICORRP]Abstract:This book - the first policy report from ANTICORRP - shows the multiple consequences of corruption in EU Member States. Including an analysis on fiscal deficit, vulnerable employment, gender equality, government spending, ...
Title:Mobilizing on the Extreme Right: Germany, Italy, and the United States Author(s):CAIANI, Manuela; DELLA PORTA, Donatella; WAGEMANN, ClaudiusDate:2012Citation:
- New York, Oxford University Press, 2012
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Research on the extreme right is rare, and the extreme right has even more rarely been analysed as a social movement. In this volume, the extreme right is compared in Italy, Germany, and the United States using concepts ...
Title:Media Practices and Protest Politics: How precarious workers mobilise Author(s):MATTONI, AliceDate:2012Citation:
- Farnham, Ashgate, 2012
Type:BookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:How do precarious workers employed in call-centres, universities, the fashion industry and many other labour markets organise, struggle and communicate to become recognised, influential political subjects? "Media Practices ...