Title:The Wiley Blackwell companion to social movements. Second edition Editor(s):SNOW, David A.; SOULE, Sarah A.; KRIESI, Hanspeter; MCCAMMON, Holly J.Date:2019Citation:
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 2019, Wiley Blackwell companions to sociology
Title:Party competition and political representation in crisis : a comparative perspective Editor(s):CONTI, Nicolò; HUTTER, Swen; NANOU, KyriakiDate:2018Citation:
- Special issue of Party politics, 2018, Vol. 24, No. 1
Type:BookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:The aim of the special issue is to investigate through a comparative lens the impact of the recent economic crisis and consequent austerity measures on party competition and political representation in Europe. All six ...
Title:Mobilization of protest in the age of austerity Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Marcos ANCELOVICI, Pascale DUFOUR, and Héloïse NEZ (eds), Street politics in the age of austerity : from indignados to occupy, Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 2016, pp. 67-90
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]
Title:Who responds to protest? : protest politics and party responsiveness in Western Europe Author(s):HUTTER, Swen ; VLIEGENTHART, RensDate:2018Citation:
- Party politics, 2018, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 358-369
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This article addresses the questions of whether and why political parties respond to media-covered street protests. To do so, it adopts an agenda-setting approach and traces issue attention in protest politics and parliament ...
Title:Diffuse support for the European Union : spillover effects of the politicization of the European integration process at the domestic level Author(s):ARES, Macarena; CEKA, Besir; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2017Citation:
- Journal of European public policy, 2017, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 1091-1115
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This article investigates the link between attitude formation at the national and the supranational level of the European Union (EU). While the existing studies have provided strong evidence that attitudes towards national ...
Title:Quiescent or invisible? : precarious and unemployed movements in Europe Author(s):GIUGNI, Marco; LORENZINI, JasmineDate:2016Citation:
- Olivier FILLEULE and Guya ACCORNERO (eds), Social movement studies in Europe : the state of the art, New York : Berghahn Books, 2016, Protest, Culture & Society, 16, pp. 102-117
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Bringing together over forty established and emerging scholars, this landmark volume is the first to comprehensively examine the evolution and current practice of social movement studies in a specifically European context. ...
Title:The restructuring of the Western European party space in the crisis : a comparative study of Austria, France and Germany Author(s):LORENZINI, Jasmine; HUTTER, Swen ; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Pablo IGLESIAS-RODRIGUEZ, Anna TRIANDAFYLLIDOU and Ruby GROPAS (eds), After the financial crisis : shifting legal, economic and political paradigms, London : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, Palgrave Studies in European Political Sociology, 1, pp. 269-302
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:In 2008, Western economies were shaken by the burst of the housing bubble in the USA and since then Europe is caught in the Great Recession. Many European countries have been confronted with a long-lasting economic recession ...
Title:Die Eurokrise : ein Quantensprung in der Politisierung des europäischen Integrationsprozesses? Author(s):GRANDE, Edgar; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- PVS Politische Vierteljahresschrift, 2015, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 479–505
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Dieser Beitrag untersucht die Auswirkungen der Eurokrise auf die Politisierung Europas. Im Mittelpunkt der Analyse steht die Frage, ob die Eurokrise im Vergleich zu früheren Integrationsdebatten einen Quantensprung in der ...
Title:Subjective well-being and political participation : a comparison of unemployed and employed youth Author(s):LORENZINI, JasmineDate:2015Citation:
- Journal of happiness studies, 2015, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 381–404
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:In this paper I analyze the role of subjective well-being in unemployed and employed youth political participation. Research shows that life satisfaction increases participation in voting, but has no effect on protest ...
Title:Half a loaf is (not) better than none : how austerity-related grievances and emotions triggered protest in Spain Author(s):GALAIS, Carol; LORENZINI, JasmineDate:2017Citation:
- Mobilization : an international quarterly, 2017, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 77-95
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Demonstrations have become more visible across Europe since the Great Recession. To clarify the connection between crisis and protest, we open the black box of crisis-related grievances, suggesting a typology for this ...