Title:Mobilization of protest in the age of austerity Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Marcos ANCELOVICI, Pascale DUFOUR, and Héloïse NEZ (eds), Street politics in the age of austerity : from indignados to occupy, Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 2016, pp. 67-90
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]
Title:Diffuse support for the European Union : spillover effects of the politicization of the European integration process at the domestic level Author(s):ARES, Macarena; CEKA, Besir; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2017Citation:
- Journal of European public policy, 2017, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 1091-1115
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This article investigates the link between attitude formation at the national and the supranational level of the European Union (EU). While the existing studies have provided strong evidence that attitudes towards national ...
Title:The restructuring of the Western European party space in the crisis : a comparative study of Austria, France and Germany Author(s):LORENZINI, Jasmine; HUTTER, Swen ; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Pablo IGLESIAS-RODRIGUEZ, Anna TRIANDAFYLLIDOU and Ruby GROPAS (eds), After the financial crisis : shifting legal, economic and political paradigms, London : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, Palgrave Studies in European Political Sociology, 1, pp. 269-302
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:In 2008, Western economies were shaken by the burst of the housing bubble in the USA and since then Europe is caught in the Great Recession. Many European countries have been confronted with a long-lasting economic recession ...
Title:Die Eurokrise : ein Quantensprung in der Politisierung des europäischen Integrationsprozesses? Author(s):GRANDE, Edgar; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- PVS Politische Vierteljahresschrift, 2015, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 479–505
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Dieser Beitrag untersucht die Auswirkungen der Eurokrise auf die Politisierung Europas. Im Mittelpunkt der Analyse steht die Frage, ob die Eurokrise im Vergleich zu früheren Integrationsdebatten einen Quantensprung in der ...
Title:The Europeanization of the national political debate Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter ; GRANDE, EdgarDate:2015Citation:
- Olaf CRAMME and Sara B. HOBOLT (eds), Democratic politics in a European Union under stress, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015, pp. 67-86
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This chapter shows that the euro crisis has been boosting the Europeanization of the political debate in EU member states, but that Europeanization is not coterminous with politicization. With respect to politicization, ...
Title:Turning your back on the EU : the role of Eurosceptic parties in the 2014 European Parliament elections Author(s):HERNÁNDEZ, Enrique; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Electoral studies, 2016, Vol. 44, pp. 515–524
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This paper analyses how disaffection with the EU influenced individuals' likelihood of turning out to vote and of casting a vote for a Eurosceptic party in the 2014 EP elections, and how these relationships were moderated ...
Title:Political mobilization in times of crises : the relationship between economic and political crises Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- Marco GIUGNI and Maria T. GRASSO (eds), Austerity and protest : popular contention in times of economic crisis, Burlington : Ashgate, 2015, pp. 19-33
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]
Title:The electoral consequences of the financial and economic crisis in Europe Author(s):HERNÁNDEZ, Enrique; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- European journal of political research, 2016, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 203-224
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:We analyse the electoral consequences of the Great Recession by combining insights from economic voting theories, and the literature on party system change. Taking our cues from these two theoretical perspectives, we assess ...
Title:The politicization of European integration Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Journal of common market studies, 2016, Vol. 54, No. S1, pp. 32–47
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:The European Union has had to deal with a series of crises in the past, but currently, it faces an exceptional accumulation of tensions triggered by the eurozone crisis, the refugee crisis, Islamic terrorism, the imperial ...
Title:Politicising Europe : integration and mass politics Editor(s):HUTTER, Swen; GRANDE, Edgar; KRIESI, HanspeterDate:2016Citation:
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016, Collection of new essays
Type:BookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Politicising Europe presents the most comprehensive contribution to empirical research on politicisation to date. The study is innovative in both conceptual and empirical terms. Conceptually, the contributors develop and ...