Title:Breakdown and change of private interest governments Author(s):WAGEMANN, ClaudiusDate:2012Citation:
- Abingdon ; New York : Routledge, 2012
Type:BookAbstract:Private Interest Governments were identified in the 1980s as a special form of public regulation in selected economic sectors, rivalling conventional market, state, or community-based forms of public order. This book ...
Title:The Impact of Protest Movements on the Establishment: Dimensions, models, approaches Author(s):GIUGNI, Marco; BOSI, LorenzoDate:2012Citation:
- Kathrin FAHLENBRACH, Martin KLIMKE, Joachim SCHARLOTH and Laura WONG (eds), The 'Establishment' Responds: Power, politics and protest since 1945, New York, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, Palgrave Macmillan Transnational History Series, 17-28
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:A broad consensus exists within the literature on collective action that protest movements can have a multitude of important, intended, and unintended impacts on the establishment. There is, however, less agreement on how ...
Title:Religioni e governance globale Author(s):FERRARA, Pasquale Date:2012Citation:
- Valter CORALLUZZO and Luca OZZANO (eds), Religioni tra pace e guerra. Il sacro nelle relazioni internazionali del XXI secolo, Torino, UTET Università, 2012, 97-105
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The Author maintains that there is a role for religions to play in the international realm that goes beyond pure Westphalian and state-centred categories, without characterizing religions as mere ‘global faith-based NGOs’. ...
Title:Negotiating Anglo-America: Australia, Canada, and the United States Author(s):PAULY, Louis W.; REUS-SMIT, ChristianDate:2012Citation:
- Peter J. KATZENSTEIN (ed.), Anglo-America and Its Discontents: Civilizational Identities Beyond West and East, Abingdon/London/New York, Routledge, 2012, 127-151
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Social Investment or Recommodification? Assessing the employment policies of the EU member states Author(s):DE LA PORTE, Caroline; JACOBSSON, KerstinDate:2012Citation:
- Nathalie MOREL, Bruno PALIER and Joakim PALME (eds), Towards a Social Investment Welfare State? Ideas, policies and challenges, Bristol/Chicago, Policy Press, 2012, 117–152
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Global Movements in Local Struggles: Findings on the Social Forum Process in Italy Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; MOSCA, LorenzoDate:2012Citation:
- Jackie SMITH, Scott BYRD, Ellen REESE and Elizabeth SMYTHE (eds), Handbook on World Social Forum Activism, Boulder, Paradigm Publishers, 2012, 248-265
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:This chapter addresses the developments of local social forums in Italy. It looks especially at their network structures, faming and repertoires of action, as well as their consequences on the Italian social movement sector.
Title:The Outcomes of Political Violence: Ethical, theoretical and methodological challenges Author(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; GIUGNI, MarcoDate:2012Citation:
- Seraphim SEFERIADIS and Hank JOHNSTON (eds), Violent Protest, Contentious Politics, and the Neoliberal State, Farnham, Ashgate, 2012, The Mobilization Series on Social Movements, Protest, and Culture, 29-38
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:In this chapter we focus specifically on the outcomes of political violence, especially violence committed by armed groups. The literature on political violence and terrorism has grown massively since 9/11, but has so far ...
Title:The Riots: A dynamic view Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; GBIKPI, BernardDate:2012Citation:
- Seraphim SEFERIADES and Hank JOHNSTON (eds), Violent Protest, Contentious Politics and the neo-liberal State, Farnham, Ashgate, 2012, The Mobilization Series on Social Movements, Protest, and Culture, 87-102
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:Most social science concepts are contested—but some more so. This is the case for riot, that (as terrorism or Nimby), derives from everyday language, and is used in a stigmatizing way to single out irrational and deviant ...
Title:Civil Society, Institutional Change and the Politics of Reform: The great transition Author(s):BRUSZT, Laszlo; CAMPOS, Nauro F.; FIDRMUC, Jan; ROLAND, GérardDate:2012Citation:
- Gérard ROLAND (ed.), Economies in Transition: The long-run view, Basingstoke, PalgraveMacmillan, 2012, Studies in Development Economics and Policy, 194-221
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter examines the relationship between differences in civil society development under communism and the political, economic and institutional change and transformation after 1989. We collected a unique dataset on ...
Title:Percorsi di micromobilitazione verso la lotta armata Author(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2012Citation:
- Simone NERI SERNERI (ed.), Verso la lotta armata: La politica della violenza nella sinistra radicale degli anni Settanta, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2012, Percorsi, 327-240
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[COSMOS]Abstract:The chapter analyses, on the basis of life histories and other biographical materials, different paths of micro-mobilization into the armed struggle. Linking networks and motivations, the authors distinguish three such ...