Title:Social Movement Studies and Transnationalization: An uneasy relation or a happy start? An afterword Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Hara KOUKI and Eduardo ROMANOS FRAILE (eds), Protest beyond Borders: Contentious Politics in Europe since 1945, Oxford/New York, Berghahn books, 2011, Protest, Culture & Society, Volume 5, 200-207
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This afterword to a collection on transnational social movements reconstructs the evolution of the relations between international relations and social movements as fields of studies.
Title:Social Movements Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; DIANI, MarioDate:2011Citation:
- Michael EDWARDS (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Civil Society, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2011, 68-79
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter explores the interactions between the social science literature ion social movements and civil society, and considers both differences and similarities in their conceptualization as well as in the actual ...
Title:Transnational Activism and the Global Justice Movement Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; MARCHETTI, RaffaeleDate:2011Citation:
- Gerard DELANTY and Stephen P. TURNER (eds), Routledge International Handbook of Contemporary Social and Political Theory, London/New York, Routledge, 2011, 428-438
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter looks at the contributions of the global justice movements to political and social theories, looking in particular at theories of justice and democratization.
Title:Eventful Protest, Global Conflicts: Social mechanisms in the reproduction of protest Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- James JASPER and Jeff GOODWIN (eds), Contention in Context: Political opportunities and the emergence of protest, Stanford, Stanford University Press, 2011, c2012, 256-276
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter conceptualises eventful protests, describing the relational, cognitive and affective mechanisms that are activated during contentious politics.
Title:Democrazie Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Bologna, Il Mulino, 2011
Type:BookAbstract:Il volume presenta una sintesi critica e aggiornata delle diverse concezioni di democrazia che si contrappongono sulla scena politica contemporanea. Quella "liberale" presuppone identità già formate fuori dal processo ...
Title:Los Movimientos Sociales Author(s):DELLA PORTA, Donatella; DIANI, MarioDate:2011Citation:
- Madrid, UCM-Centro de Investigaciones Sociológica (CIS), 2011, Debate Social Series
Type:BookAbstract:Con un lenguaje claro, ameno y accesible, la obra de Donatella della Porta y Mario Diani sigue siendo, hoy por hoy, una referencia obligada para los investigadores, además de un estudio imprescindible para los que buscan ...
Title:Movimenti sociali e violenza politica Editor(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Special Issue of Partecipazione e conflitto, 2011, 3
Type:BookAbstract:This special issue of the Italian journal devoted to political participation and social movement studies collects essays on different forms of political violence in Greece, Ireland, Egypt, Cyprus and Italy. Looking at the ...
Title:Models of Democracy: Challenges and opportunities Author(s):DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Teoria Politica, nuova serie, 2011, I, 1, 341-350
Type:ArticleAbstract:Recent reflections on democratic crises address mainly some specific characteristics of Western democracies: the full sovereignty of the nation state, party democracies, and well-established welfare states. However, these ...
Title:The Elitist Populism of the Extreme Right: A frame analysis of extreme right wing discourses in Italy and Germany Author(s):CAIANI, Manuela; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Acta Politica, 2011, 46, 2, 180-202
Type:ArticleAbstract:In this article, the authors investigate the presence and forms of populist frames in the discourse of the extreme right, by looking at different types of extreme right organizations In Italy and Germany. Focusing on the ...
Title:La violenza politica: una introduzione Author(s):BOSI, Lorenzo; DELLA PORTA, DonatellaDate:2011Citation:
- Partecipazione e conflitto, 2011, 3, 3, 5-16
Type:ArticleAbstract:With this special issue our aim is to take some steps toward examining the various manifestations of violent repertoires of action, both historical and contemporary, around the globe. This introduction will develop a ...