Title:Issues and Debates on Family-Related Migration and the Migrant Family: A European perspective Author(s):KRALER, Albert; KOFMAN, Eleonore; KOHLI, Martin; SCHMOLL, CamilleDate:2011Citation:
- Albert KRALER, Eleonore KOFMAN, Martin KOHLI and Camille SCHMOLL (eds), Gender, Generation and the Family in International Migration, Amsterdam, Amsterdam University Press, 2011, 13-54
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Familiale Transmission sozialer Ungleichheit in der zweiten Lebenshälfte: Erbschaften und Vermögensungleichheit Author(s):VOGEL, Claudia; KÜNEMUND, Harald; KOHLI, MartinDate:2011Citation:
- Peter A. BERGER, Karsten HANK and Angelika TÖLKE (eds), Reproduktion von Ungleichheit durch Arbeit und Familie, Wiesbaden, VS Verlag, 2011, 73-92
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Social inequality is transmitted from parents to children in various ways. A large part of this transmission happens early in life and is then consolidated through schooling. The extent of his early transmission of social ...
Title:Foreword Author(s):KOHLI, MartinDate:2011Citation:
- Hans-Peter BLOSSFELD, Sandra BUCHHOLZ and Karin KURZ (eds), Aging Populations, Globalization and the Labor Market: Comparing late working life and retirement in modern societies, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2011, xvii-xix
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Fertility in the History of the 20th Century: Trends, theories, policies, discourses Editor(s):EHMER, Josef; EHRHARDT, Jens; KOHLI, MartinDate:2011Citation:
- Special issue of Historical Social Research, 2011, 36, 2, (1-296)
Type:BookAbstract:In this special issue, a pluridisciplinary group of scholars discuss the complex interrelationship among fertility trends, population theories, policies and public discourses. Whereas the three former fields have been ...
Title:Gender, Generations and the Family in International Migration Editor(s):KRALER, Albert; KOFMAN, Eleonore; KOHLI, Martin; SCHMOLL, CamilleDate:2011Citation:
- Amsterdam, Amsterdam University Press, 2011
Type:BookAbstract:Over the past decade, family migration has moved to the centre of political debates on migration, integration and multiculturalism in Europe. This has occurred both in national contexts and at the European Union level. In ...
Title:Doing Succession in Europe. Generational Transfers in Family Businesses in Comparative Perspective Editor(s):STAMM, Isabell; BREITSCHMID, Peter; KOHLI, MartinDate:2011Citation:
- Zurich/Basel/Geneva, Schulthess Juristische Medien AG, 2011
Type:BookAbstract:Family enterprises make up the majority of all businesses across Western Europe. Nonetheless, they are seen as an endangered species. Succession is an especially critical moment for their survival. The succession process ...
Title:Individualisation and Fertility Author(s):EHRHARDT, Jens; KOHLI, MartinDate:2011Citation:
- Historical Social Research, 2011, 36, 2, 35-64, Special issue on Fertility
Type:ArticleAbstract:In this paper, we discuss individualisation theory as a parsimonious framework concept to describe and explain core points of fertility change in Western societies since the end of the 19th century. We emphasise two ...
Title:The Political Economy of Pension Reform in Europe Author(s):KOHLI, Martin; ARZA, CamilaDate:2011Citation:
- Robert H. BINSTOCK and Linda K. GEORGE (eds), Handbook of Aging and the Social Sciences, 7th ed., San Diego, Academic Press, 2011, 251-264
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Over the second half of the 20th Century, pension reform has become central to the European social policy agenda, first in terms of construction and expansion and then increasingly in terms of consolidation and retrenchment. ...