Title:Razumeti državljanstvo u Crnoj Gori Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2012Citation:
- Jo SHAW and Igor ŠTIKS (eds), Državljani i državljanstvo posle Jugoslavije, Belgrade, Clio, 2012, 92-117
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:U radu se istice da je režim državljanstva u Crnoj Gori, iako nastao u okvirima domace politicke utakmice, u velikoj meri bio pod uticajem regionalnih i medunarodnih politickih sila. Primenjujuci Belamijev (Bellamy) koncept ...
Title:Citizenship in the times of conflict : an example from the Yugoslav experience Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2014Citation:
- Konrad LACHMAYER, Jürgen BUSCH, Jennifer KELLEHER and Geanina TURCANU (eds), International constitutional law in legal education : proceedings of the Erasmus Intensive Programme NICLAS 2007-2012, Sinzheim : Nomos, 2014, Schriften zum Internationalen und Vergleichenden Öffentlichen Recht, Band 22, pp. 165-185
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter explores how the notion of citizenship changes at times of conflict. It argues that the legal, political, and emotional aspects of citizenship still exist in times of conflict, yet in a different (de-individualised, ...
Title:Religion and identity in Montenegro Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2016Citation:
- Ines ANGELI MURZAKU (ed.), Monasticism in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Republics, London : Routledge, 2016, Routledge religion, society and government in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet states, pp. 110-129
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter explores the role of religion in the reconstruction of national/ethnic categories in Montenegro, paying particular attention to the period of religious revival after the breakup of Yugoslavia. It argues that ...
Title:From creeping to sprinting : the foreign policy of Montenegro Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2014Citation:
- Soeren KEIL and Bernhard STAHL (eds), The foreign policies of Post-Yugoslav States : from Yugoslavia to Europe, London : Palgrave, 2014, New Perspectives on South-East Europe, pp. 173-197
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter seeks to solve the puzzle of how Montenegro’s foreign policy was gradually shaped from that of a republic in the FRY to that of an independent state. Given that the developments in Montenegro’s foreign policy ...
Title:Kur dy duart rock djep : përmasa simbolike e ndarjes mbi shtetësisë dhe identitetit në Mal të Zi Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2014Citation:
- Vjollca KRASNIQI (ed.), Kombformimi simbolik në Evropën juglindore, Prishtina : Qendra për Hulumtime dhe Politikë Gjinore, 2014, pp. 115-138
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Political Transformations: Welfare states in transition. Montenegro: A long drive down a tough road Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2011Citation:
- Marija STAMBOLIEVA and Stefan DEHNERT (eds), Welfare States in Transition: 20 years after the Yugoslav welfare model, Sofia, Friedrich Ebert Foundation, 2011, Dialogue South-East Europe, 202-227
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This paper examines the effect of the context of political of transition in Montenegro on the country’s social policy. Two decades of power struggles between the Montenegrin political elites have overshadowed the consolidation ...
Title:Understanding Montenegrin Citizenship Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2012Citation:
- Jo SHAW and Igor ŠTIKS (eds), Citizenship after Yugoslavia, London, Routledge, 2012, 89-114
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This paper maintains that although the citizenship regime of Montenegro was generated amidst domestic political competition, it has also been significantly affected by regional and international political forces. Applying ...
Title:The role of the EU in the statehood and democratization of Montenegro Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2014Citation:
- Soeren KEIL and Zeynep ARKAN (eds), The EU and Member State building : European foreign policy in the Western Balkans, London : Routledge, 2014, Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding, pp. 83-102
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter argues that the EU has had a major role in the statehood and democratization of Montenegro through two interrelated processes: 1) the mediation of the statehood issue, which contributed to state building and ...
Title:When two hands rock the cradle : symbolic dimensions of the divide over statehood and identity in Montenegro Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2014Citation:
- Pål KOLSTØ (ed.), Strategies of symbolic nation-building in South Eastern Europe, London : Ashgate, 2014, Southeast European Studies, pp. 115-138
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The most manifest result of the divide over statehood that consumed Montenegro’s politics over the past decade has been the change in the meaning of national categories. In the political discourse, and subsequently in the ...
Title:Cutting the mists of the Black Mountain : cleavages in Montenegro’s divide over statehood and identity Author(s):DZANKIC, JelenaDate:2013Citation:
- Soeren KEIL (ed.), State-building in the Western Balkans : European approaches to democratization, Abingdon : Routledge, 2013, Series: Association for the Study of Nationalities, pp. 92-117
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The two decades of Montenegro's transition that followed the disintegration of Yugoslavia were marked by the transformation of the ambitions of the ruling political elites, which pushed the republic that once sought to be ...