Title:Differential threat perceptions : how transnational groups influence bilateral security relations Author(s):WINSLETT, GaryDate:2016Citation:
- Foreign policy analysis, 2016, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 653-673
Type:ArticleAbstract:This article addresses how transnational groups affect the security relationship between the states they reside in. I argue that this is determined by the differential threat perceptions of the host states. If the host ...
Title:The European Union's new international investment policy : product of Commission entrepreneurship or business lobbying? Author(s):BASEDOW, Johann RobertDate:2016Citation:
- European foreign affairs review, 2016, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 469–491
Type:ArticleAbstract:The article seeks to explain the emergence of the European Union (EU)’s international investment policy since the 1980s. The article develops two competing explanations. It evaluates whether the Commission acted as policy ...
Title:Alawittene i Tripoli og Nord-Libanon : krigerske problemskapere eller truet minoritet? Author(s):GADE, TineDate:2016Citation:
- Babylon : Nordisk tidsskrift for Midtøstenstudier, 2016, No. 2, pp. 44-57
Type:ArticleAbstract:Tiende januar 2015 sprengte to unge islamister seg selv på en kafé i Tripoli, Nord-Libanons største by. Angrepet, som drepte ni personer, ble gjennomført på et kjent samlingssted i Baal Mohsen, alawittgettoen i Tripoli. ...
Title:Building the common European asylum system beyond legislative harmonisation : practical cooperation, solidarity and external dimension Author(s):DE BRUYCKER, Philippe; TSOURDI, Evangelia (Lilian)Date:2016Citation:
- Vincent CHETAIL, Philippe DE BRUYCKER and Francesco MAIANI (eds), Reforming the common European asylum system : the New European refugee law, Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 2016, Immigration and asylum law and policy in Europe ; 39, pp. 471-538
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter first, retraces the realisation that EU’s envisaged common system would need more than enhanced legislative harmonisation to reach its full potential and examines the different stages of this evolution. It ...
Title:El reto del nativismo a la pluralidad e igualdad en las democracias liberales Author(s):GUIA, AitanaDate:2016Citation:
- Manuela MESA (ed.), Retos inaplazables en el sistema international : anuario CEIPAZ 2015-2016, Madrid : Fundación cultura de Paz, 2016, pp. 107-120
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:El auge de partidos con discursos xenófobos en Europa después de la caída del Muro de Berlín ya es incontestable. Si durante las últimas dos décadas muchos estudiosos consideraron que el apoyo al Frente Nacional en Francia, ...
Title:Alignment of objectives between parties and their electors : the role of personal salience in political representation Author(s):GIGER, Nathalie; LEFKOFRIDI, ZoeDate:2016Citation:
- Marc BÜHLMANN and Jan FIVAZ (eds), Political representation : roles, representatives, and the represented, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016, Routledge research on social and political elites ; 7, pp. 135-151
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Taxation and inequality : how tax competition has changed the redistributive capacity of nation-states in the OECD Author(s):SEELKOPF, Laura; LIERSE, HannaDate:2016Citation:
- Melike WULFGRAMM, Tonia BIEBER and Stephan LEIBFRIED (eds), Welfare state transformations and inequality in OECD Countries, London ; New York : Palgrave, 2016, Transformation of the State, pp. 89-109
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Tax policy is of central importance to every state. Without tax revenue, all other government policies, including welfare policies, are bound to fail. In addition to providing the financial basis for the welfare state, the ...