Title:Political cultures do matter : citizens and politics in Western Europe and East and Southeast Asia Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; INOGUCHI, TakashiDate:2002Citation:
- Japanese journal of political science, 2002, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 151-171
Type:ArticleAbstract:This article is concerned with the examination of the attitudes of the 'common man' in two regions of the globe, both with respect to basic relations between citizen and state and with respect to the extent to which ...
Title:The study of Western European cabinets Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:1988Citation:
- European Journal of Political Research, 1988, Vol. 16, No 2, pp. 115-123
Type:ArticleAbstract:We are still relatively unfamiliar with the structures and modes of behaviour of Western European cabinets and we need first to identify the range of the differences which exist with respect to two major dimensions along ...
Title:Consensual politics and multiparty systems Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:1995Citation:
- Australian Journal of Political Science, 1995, 30, pp. 7-26
Type:ArticleAbstract:This paper explores the occurrence of consensual policy making and its association with multi-party arrangements in postwar western Europe. It reviews and categorises the experience of 19 countries. The paper first ...
Title:Toward a systematic analysis of government party relationships Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:1995Citation:
- International Political Science Review, 1995, Vol. 16, No 2, pp. 127-143
Type:ArticleAbstract:After reviewing existing literature on party government, this article identifies the main information gaps regarding this topic. St points out the most important elements that a systematic study on government-party ...
Title:The future of Political Science Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; VENNESSON, PascalDate:2010Citation:
- European Political Science, 2010, Vol. 9, Supplement 1s, pp. 22-29
Type:ArticleAbstract:Political science has developed rapidly in the last half-century, but this has posed at least three serious problems. First, almost no attention has been given to political activity in private bodies: the scope of political ...
Title:Do ministers do what they say? : ministerial unreliability, collegial and hierarchical governments Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MANNING, NDate:2002Citation:
- Political Studies, 2002, 50, 3, 455-476
Type:ArticleAbstract:This paper is concerned with the extent to which individual members of governments reliably implement the decisions of the governments to which they belong, a matter which is rarely discussed, if ever, and yet can be ...
Title:L'analyse politique comparée et l'institutionnalisation des partis Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2003Citation:
- Revue Internationale de Politique Comparée, 2003, 10, 2, 247-264
Title:Parties and party systems in East and Southeast Asia Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2006Citation:
- Ian MARSH (ed.), Democratisation, governance and regionalism in East and Southeast Asia : a comparative study, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2006, Routledge/Warwick studies in globalisation, pp. 49-86
Type:Contribution to book