Title:Competition effects in a liberalized railway market Author(s):LANG, Markus; LAPERROUZA, Marc; FINGER, MatthiasDate:2013Citation:
- Journal of industry, competition and trade, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 375-398
Type:ArticleAbstract:This paper presents a game-theoretic model of a liberalized railway market, in which train operation and ownership of infrastructure are vertically separated. We analyze how the regulatory agency will optimally set the ...
Title:From 'service public' to universal service : the case of the European Union Author(s):FINGER, Matthias; FINON, DominiqueDate:2011Citation:
- Matthias FINGER and Rolf W. KÜNNEKE (eds), International Handbook of Network Industries: The liberalisation of infrastructure, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2011, 54-69
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Reforms in the Urban Water Sector: Vulnerability analysis of the main elements at risk Author(s):LUÍS-MANSO, Patricia; FINGER, MatthiasDate:2009Citation:
- Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, 2009, 10, 2, 115-138
Title:Towards an European Model of Regulatory Governance? Author(s):FINGER, MatthiasDate:2011Citation:
- David LEVI-FAUR (ed.), Handbook on the Politics of Regulation, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2011, 525-535
Type:Contribution to book
Title:A new EU energy technology policy towards 2050 : which way to go? Author(s):RUESTER, Sophia; FINGER, Matthias; SCHWENEN, Sebastian; LASSOURCE, Adeline; GLACHANT, Jean-MichelDate:2013Type:Technical ReportSeries/Number:Florence School of Regulation; THINK ReportsAbstract:Challenges for policy makers are huge if the EU climate policy goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions to 80-95% below 1990 levels by 2050 shall be reached. There is no doubt that a new energy technology policy design ...
Title:A new EU energy technology policy towards 2050 : which way to go? Author(s):RUESTER, Sophia; SCHWENEN, Sebastian; LASSOURCE, Adeline; FINGER, Matthias; GLACHANT, Jean-MichelDate:2013Type:OtherSeries/Number:Florence School of Regulation; 2013/01; Policy BriefsAbstract:–– Market actors are calling for a post-2020 energy technology policy framework now. As a result, the policy is likely to be negotiated in a time of fierce global competition in clean-tech markets, financial crisis and ...
Title:25 years of Arctic environmental agency : changing issues and power relations Author(s):FINGER-STICH, Andrea; FINGER, MatthiasDate:2012Citation:
- Lassi HEININEN (ed.), The 2012 Arctic Yearbook, Rovaniemi, University of the Arctic, 2012, 194-222
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This paper proposes a retrospective of the changes in environmental policies and the various actors' positions and strategies concerning the Arctic since Mikhaïl Gorbachev, then the Soviet Union's General Secretary, visited ...
Title:Zehn Jahre Flugsicherungsreform: Reformstau oder Kompetenzgerangel am Europäischen Himmel? Author(s):BAUMGARTNER, Marc; FINGER, MatthiasDate:2013Citation:
- Die Volkswirtschaft: das Magazin fuer Wirtschaftspolitik/La vie économique, 2013, März, 1/2, pp. 54-58
Type:ArticleAbstract:Die Europäische Kommission hat sich in den vergangenen zehn Jahren schrittweise als zentraler Akteur in der europäischen Flugsicherung etabliert. Mit der Schaffung eines einheitlichen europäischen Luftraumes, des Single ...
Title:E-Gov and Public Sector Reform: What roles for government in e-government? Author(s):FINGER, MatthiasDate:2009Citation:
- Tomasz JANOWSKI and Jim DAVIES (eds), ICEGOV '09. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, New York, The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2009, 1-4
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:E-Government is often conceived as the next logical step after public sector reform. However, the implications of this step are not always acknowledged. In this paper, I will first recall, how exactly e-government follows ...