Title:Harnessing trade opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa Author(s):CHAUFFOUR, Jean-Pierre; HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2013Type:OtherSeries/Number:EUI RSCAS PP; 2013/07Abstract:Greater integration into the international economy is a key means through which countries in the Middle East and North Africa can reap the benefits of already existing market opportunities to accelerate economic growth and ...
Title:Re-thinking economic development in the WTO Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2013Type:OtherSeries/Number:EUI RSCAS PP; 2013/09; Global Governance ProgrammeAbstract:The disagreements between the old and new trade powers in the WTO on market access issues that have deadlocked the Doha Round are in part a reflection of the “special and differential treatment” that developing countries ...
Title:Computable general equilibrium modeling of market access in services Author(s):CHRISTEN, Elizabeth; FRANCOIS, Joseph; HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2013Citation:
- Peter B. DIXON and Dale Weldeau JORGENSON (eds), Handbook of computable general equilibrium modeling, Vol. 1a, Oxford : Elsevier/North Holland, 2013, Handbooks in economics, pp. 1601-1643
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:We examine how the applied multisector computable general equilibrium (CGE) literature has moved into quantification of the impacts of greater market access for services. This includes discussion of multisector linkages ...
Title:Harnessing existing trade and investment opportunities Author(s):CHAUFFOUR, Jean-Pierre; HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2013Citation:
- Michael GASIOREK (ed.), The Arab spring : implications for economic integration, London ; Marseilles : CEPR ; FEMISE, 2013, pp. 95-112
Type:Contribution to book
Title:International regulatory cooperation in a supply chain world Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2015Citation:
- Stephen TAPP, Ari VAN ASSCHE and Robert WOLFE (eds), Redesigning Canadian trade policies for new global realities, Ottawa : Institute on Research on Public Policy, 2015, The art of the state, Vol. 6, pp. 1-29
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The economic gains from better international regulatory cooperation are substantial, but realizing them will require new policy approaches. In today’s trade environment of globalized production processes and low tariffs, ...
Title:Multilateral cooperation in a world of preferential trade agreements? Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2015Citation:
- The Brown journal of world affairs, 2015, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 131-144
Type:ArticleAbstract:With the establishment of the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 1995, much of the original vision of the drafters of the 1948 International Trade Organization (ITO) Charter was realized, albeit some 50 years later. The ITO ...
Title:Global supply chains and trade policy responses to the 2008 financial crisis Author(s):GAWANDE, Kishore; HOEKMAN, Bernard M.; CUI, YueDate:2015Citation:
- World Bank economic review, 2015, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 102-128
Type:ArticleAbstract:The collapse in trade and the contraction of output that occurred during 2008–9 was comparable to, and in many countries more severe than, the Great Depression of the 1930s. However, it did not give rise to the rampant ...
Title:The WTO and the global economy : contemporary challenges and possible responses Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2015Citation:
- Uri B. DADUSH and Chiedu I. OSAKWE (eds), WTO accessions and trade multilateralism : case studies and lessons from the WTO at twenty, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015, pp. 52-80
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Añadir valor : las empresas han repartido la producción de bienes y servicios en muchos países, creando cadenas de suministro que reducen los costos globales Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M.Date:2013Citation:
- Finanzas y desarrollo : publicación trimestral del Fondo Monetario Internacional y del Banco Mundial, 2013, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 22-24
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[Global Governance Programme]