Title:Preferential Trade Agreements: A law and economic analysis Editor(s):BAGWELL, Kyle W.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- Cambridge/New York, Cambridge University Press, 2011, Columbia Studies in WTO Law and Policy
Type:BookAbstract:This volume assembles a stellar group of scholars and experts to examine preferential trade agreements (PTAs), a topic that has time and again attracted the interest of analysts. It presents a discussion of the evolving ...
Title:All Clear on the Investment Front: A plea for a restatement Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- José E. ALVAREZ and Karl P. SAUVANT (eds), The Evolving International Investment Regime: Expectations, realities, options, New York, Oxford University Press, 2011, 95-103
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter argues that the discussion on trade and investment will not take off unless we first put together all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle. Both the discussion in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and ...
Title:EU and US Preferential Trade Agreements: Deepening or widening of WTO commitments? Author(s):HORN, Henrik; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.; SAPIR, AndréDate:2011Citation:
- Kyle W. BAGWELL and Petros C. MAVROIDIS (eds), Preferential Trade Agreements: A law and economic analysis, Cambridge/New York, Cambridge University Press, 2011, Columbia Studies in WTO Law and Policy, 150-172
Type:Contribution to book
Title:From Reluctant Participant to Key Player: EU and the negotiation of the GATS Author(s):MARCHETTI, Juan A.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- Inge GOVAERE, Reinhard QUICK and Marco BRONCKERS (eds), Trade and Competition Law in the EU and Beyond, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2011, 48-95
Type:Contribution to book
Title:MEAs in the WTO : silence speaks volumes Author(s):HORN, Henrik; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2013Citation:
- Columbia university academic commons, 2013, OnlineOnly
Type:ArticleAbstract:This study contributes to the debate concerning the appropriate role of multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs) in WTO law, and in particular, in WTO dispute settlement. The distinguishing feature of the study is that ...
Title:Dial PTAs for peace : the influence of Preferential Trade Agreements on litigation between trading partners Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.; SAPIR, AndréDate:2015Citation:
- Journal of world trade, 2015, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 351-372
Type:ArticleAbstract:Preferential trade agreements (PTAs) are en vogue both as policy tool, as well as research subject. We do not beg to differ. In this article, inspired by the behaviour of the European Union (EU), we ask whether the ...
Title:Dealing with PTAs in the WTO : falling through the cracks between 'judicialization' and 'legalization' Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2015Citation:
- World trade review, 2015, Vol. 14, No. S1, pp. S107-S121
Type:ArticleAbstract:Preferential trade agreements (PTAs) have to be consistent with the WTO. Their monitoring at the multilateral level has failed so far for various reasons. The question arises what to do? Completion of the contract ...
Title:Symposium on the EU-seal products case. Sealed with a doubt : EU, seals and the WTO Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2015Citation:
- European journal of risk regulation, 2015, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 388-395
Type:ArticleAbstract:In EC-Seal Products, the WTO Appellate Body (AB) issued a(nother) controversial report. This paper argues that the analysis followed by the AB is wrong. To prove this point, we ask two questions. Would the AB have concluded ...
Title:One (firm) is not enough : a legal-economic analysis of EC-fasteners Author(s):BOWN, Chad P.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2013Citation:
- World Trade Review, 2013, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 243-271
Type:ArticleAbstract:The WTO's Appellate Body (AB) dealt with a number of issues for the first time in this Report. Importantly, it discussed the consistency of the European Union (EU) regulation with the multilateral rules on the conditions ...