Title:War, states, and citizenship : a comment on Sidney Tarrow's 'War, states, and contention' Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- Partecipazione e conflitto, 2015, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 313-318
Title:Revisiting the populist challenge Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2018Citation:
- Politologický casopis ; Czech journal of political science, 2018, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 5-27
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This essay makes another attempt to clarify the concept of populism and to discuss its causes and consequences. It argues that, at its core, the concept of populism refers to an ‘ideology,’ i.e. a set of beliefs about how ...
Title:The implications of the euro crisis for democracy Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2018Citation:
- Journal of European public policy, 2018, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 59-82
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:The question of whether European democracy is in crisis is not new, but is posed in a new way in the shadow of the euro crisis. In the tradition of the studies of democratic support and disaffection and based on data from ...
Title:Party, policy – or both? : partisan-biased processing of policy arguments in direct democracy Author(s):COLOMBO, Céline; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2017Citation:
- Journal of elections, public opinion and parties, 2017, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 235-253
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:How do party cues and policy information affect citizens’ political opinions? In direct democratic settings, this question is particularly relevant. Direct democratic campaigns are information-rich events which offer ...
Title:Party systems, electoral systems, and social movements Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- Donatella DELLA PORTA and Mario DIANI (eds), The Oxford handbook of social movements, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015, pp. 667-680
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This discussion of the relationship between political parties and social movements starts out with the conventional view of the political process approach by conceptualizing the parties as part of the political context the ...
Title:The euro crisis : a boost to the politicisation of European integration? Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter ; GRANDE, EdgarDate:2016Citation:
- Swen HUTTER, Edgar GRANDE and Hanspeter KRIESI (eds), Politicising Europe : integration and mass politics, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016, Collection of new essays, pp. 240-276
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Turning your back on the EU : the role of Eurosceptic parties in the 2014 European Parliament elections Author(s):HERNÁNDEZ, Enrique; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2016Citation:
- Electoral studies, 2016, Vol. 44, pp. 515–524
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This paper analyses how disaffection with the EU influenced individuals' likelihood of turning out to vote and of casting a vote for a Eurosceptic party in the 2014 EP elections, and how these relationships were moderated ...
Title:Die Eurokrise : ein Quantensprung in der Politisierung des europäischen Integrationsprozesses? Author(s):GRANDE, Edgar; KRIESI, Hanspeter Date:2015Citation:
- PVS Politische Vierteljahresschrift, 2015, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 479–505
Type:ArticleSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:Dieser Beitrag untersucht die Auswirkungen der Eurokrise auf die Politisierung Europas. Im Mittelpunkt der Analyse steht die Frage, ob die Eurokrise im Vergleich zu früheren Integrationsdebatten einen Quantensprung in der ...
Title:The Europeanization of the national political debate Author(s):KRIESI, Hanspeter ; GRANDE, EdgarDate:2015Citation:
- Olaf CRAMME and Sara B. HOBOLT (eds), Democratic politics in a European Union under stress, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015, pp. 67-86
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[POLCON]Abstract:This chapter shows that the euro crisis has been boosting the Europeanization of the political debate in EU member states, but that Europeanization is not coterminous with politicization. With respect to politicization, ...