Title:Development as diffusion : manufacturing productivity and Sub-Saharan Africa's missing middle Author(s):GELB, Alan; MEYER, Christian J. ; RAMACHANDRAN, VijayaDate:2015Citation:
- Justin YIFU LIN and Célestin MONGA (eds), The Oxford handbook of Africa and economics : context and concepts, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015, Oxford handbooks, OnlineOnly
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter considers economic development of sub-Saharan Africa from the perspective of slow convergence of productivity, both across sectors and across firms within sectors. Why have “productivity enclaves,” islands of ...
Title:Introduction to liquidity and crises Author(s):ALLEN, Franklin; KRAHNEN, Jan Pieter; TYRELL, Marcel; CARLETTI, ElenaDate:2011Citation:
- Franklin ALLEN, Elena CARLETTI, Jan Pieter KRAHNEN and Marcel TYRELL (eds), Liquidity and crises, New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011, pp. 3-32
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Strategic communication process for sustainable entrepreneurial environment in nonprofit organizations Author(s):DRIVAS, Ioannis C.; DAMASKINOU, Aikaterini I.; SAKAS, Damianos P.Date:2017Citation:
- Androniki KAVOURA, Damianos P. SAKAS and Petros TOMARAS (eds), Strategic innovative marketing : 4th IC-SIM, Mykonos, Greece 2015, Cham : Springer, 2017, Springer proceedings in business and economics, pp. 299-307
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This research process is focused on the analysis of three axes which are Fair Treatment, Team Effectiveness, and Job Satisfaction of employees and decision-makers who are occupied in Nonprofit Organizations. Nowadays, the ...
Title:Forecasting Volatility Using High-Frequency Data Author(s):HANSEN, Peter Reinhard; LUNDE, AsgerDate:2011Citation:
- Michael P. CLEMENTS and David F. HENDRY (eds), The Oxford Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2011, Oxford Handbooks, 525-556
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This article focuses on some aspects of high-frequency data and their use in volatility forecasting. High-frequency data can be used to construct volatility forecasts. The article reviews two leading approaches to this. ...
Title:The Financial Implications of a Banking Union Author(s):ALLEN, Franklin; CARLETTI, Elena; GIMBER, AndrewDate:2012Citation:
- Thorsten BECK (ed.), Banking Union for Europe: Risks and Challenges, London, Centre for Economic Policy Research, 2012, 115-120
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:With calls for a banking union to resolve the issue of banking interdependence within the Eurozone, this paper explores the reasons behind such a policy, how it should be implemented and the possible ramifications.
Title:A Markov chain estimator of multivariate volatility from high frequency data Author(s):HANSEN, Peter Reinhard; HOREL, Guillaume; LUNDE, Asger; ARCHAKOV, IlyaDate:2016Citation:
- Mark PODOLSKIJ, Robert STELZER, Steen THORBJØRNSEN and Almut E. D. VERAART (eds), The fascination of probability, statistics and their applications : in Honour of Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, [S.l.] : Springer Verlag, 2016, pp. 361-394
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:We introduce a multivariate estimator of financial volatility that is based on the theory of Markov chains. The Markov chain framework takes advantage of the discreteness of high-frequency returns. We study the finite ...
Title:Introduction Author(s):BLUNDELL, Richard; CANTILLON, Estelle; CHIZZOLINI, Barbara; IVALDI, Marc; LEININGER, Wolfgang; MARIMON, Ramon; MATYAS, Laszlo; STEEN, FrodeDate:2017Citation:
- Richard BLUNDELL, Estelle CANTILLON, Barbara CHIZZOLINI, Marc IVALDI, Wolfgang LEININGER, Ramon MARIMON, Laszlo MATYAS and Frode STEEN (eds), Economics without borders : economic research for European policy challenges, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2017, pp. 1-28
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Discretionary fiscal policy and recessions Author(s):CORICELLI, Fabrizio; FIORITO, Riccardo; MOLTENI, Francesco Date:2017Citation:
- Ľudovít ÓDOR (ed.), Rethinking fiscal policy after the crisis, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2017, pp. 516-539
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:In this chapter we propose a new measure of discretionary public expenditures. We distinguish discretionary from non-discretionary spending by evaluating the persistence and volatility of expenditure components. Clearly, ...
Title:Capital markets union and growth prospects for small and medium-sized enterprises Author(s):BARBA NAVARETTI, Giorgio; CALZOLARI, Giacomo ; OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco; POZZOLO, Alberto FrancoDate:2019Citation:
- Franklin ALLEN, Ester FAIA, Michael HALIASSOS and Katja LANGERBUCHER (eds), Capital markets union and beyond, Cambridge : The MIT Press, 2019, pp. 127-159
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The capital markets union is expected, among other effects, to free financial resources for small and medium- sized enterprises (SMEs), directly and indirectly improving their access to credit and capital markets. It ...