Title:Democracias más complejas Author(s):INNERARITY, DanielDate:2021Citation:
- Juan DEL LLANO and Lino CAMPRUBÍ (eds), Sociedad entre pandemias, Madrid : Fundación Gaspar Casal, 2021, pp. 117-132
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Las democracias actuales no están preparadas para gobernar un mundo complejo, lo que se hace especialmente patente en situaciones de crisis. Desarrollé extensamente esta idea en mi libro Una teoría de la democracia compleja. ...
Title:COVID-19 : expanding access to essential supplies in a value chain world Author(s):FIORINI, Matteo; HOEKMAN, Bernard M. ; YILDIRIM, AydinDate:2020Citation:
- Richard E. BALDWIN and Simon J. EVENETT (eds), COVID-19 and trade policy : why turning inward won’t work, London : CEPR Press, 2020, pp. 63-76
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Some governments have responded to shortages of medical supplies by imposing export controls and requisitioning domestic suppliers. This chapter examines several recent examples where restrictions and confiscations actually ...
Title:COVID-19 : export controls and international cooperation Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M. ; FIORINI, Matteo; YILDIRIM, AydinDate:2020Citation:
- Richard E. BALDWIN and Simon J. EVENETT (eds), COVID-19 and trade policy : why turning inward won’t work, London : CEPR Press, 2020, pp. 77-87
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:As part of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries have restricted exports of medical products with the aim to allocate domestic supplies to national healthcare systems and citizens. However, these policies ...
Title:Understanding, deciding, and learning : the key political challenges in times of pandemic Author(s):INNERARITY, DanielDate:2020Citation:
- Luis Miguel POIARES PESSOA MADURO and Paul W. KAHN (eds), Democracy in times of pandemic : different futures imagined, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2020, pp. 122-136
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The main democratic challenges raised by the COVID-19 crisis can be divided into three groups, according to a time sequence: There are challenges raised before, during, and after the crisis. These different moments in time ...
Title:Responding to the COVID-19 crisis : policy priorities for India Author(s):SHINGAL, Anirudh Date:2020Citation:
- EEPC India and AIC / RIC (eds), COVID-19 - challenges for the Indian economy : trade and foreign policy effects, New Delhi : ASEAN-India Centre (AIC) - Engineering Export Promotion Council of India (EEPC), 2020, pp. 101-104
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:The enormous disruption of economic activity in the wake of Covid-19 is accompanied by great uncertainty about the spread and eventual prevention of the pandemic and the possibility of extended or intermittent lockdowns. ...
Title:Political decision-making in a pandemic Author(s):INNERARITY, DanielDate:2021Citation:
- Gerard DELANTY (ed.), Pandemics, politics, and society : critical perspectives on the Covid-19 crisis, Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 2021, pp. 93-104
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Crises are moments that put many things into question – especially our decision-making procedures. These decisions can be examined in a chronological order, from the decisions that governments have to take in order to be ...
Title:How is the far right capitalizing on COVID-19? Author(s):KLEIN, Ofra Date:2020Citation:
- Tamir BAR-ON and Bàrbara MOLAS (eds), Responses to the COVID-19 pandemic by the radical right : scapegoating, conspiracy theories and new narratives, Stuttgart : Ibidem-Verlag, 2020, pp. 31-34
Type:Contribution to book
Title:La France confinée : anciennes et nouvelles inégalités Author(s):SAFI, Mirna; FERRAGINA, Emanuele; GODECHOT, Olivier; COULANGEON, Philippe; HELMEID, Emily; RECCHI, Ettore ; SAUGER, Nicholas; SCHRADIE, Jen; TITTEL, Katharina; ZOLA, AndrewDate:2020Citation:
- Marc LAZAR, Guillaume PLANTIN and Xavier RAGOT (eds), Le monde d’aujourd’hui : les sciences sociales au temps de la Covid, Paris : Les Presses de Sciences Po, 2020, pp. 95-116
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter offers an overview of the first stage of the Coping with Covid (CoCo) project, which tracks the behaviors and attitudes of a representative panel of the French metropolitan population during the COVID-19 ...
Title:COVID-19 trade policy measures, G20 declarations and WTO reform Author(s):HOEKMAN, Bernard M. Date:2020Citation:
- Simon EVENETT and Richard BALDWIN (eds), Revitalising multilateralism : pragmatic ideas for the new WTO director-general, London : CEPR Press, 2020, pp. 63-69
Type:Contribution to bookSeries/Number:[Global Governance Programme]; [Global Economics]Abstract:Many WTO members responded to the COVID-19 pandemic with a mix of export controls and import liberalisation/trade-facilitating measures for medical supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) (facemasks, respirators, ...
Title:Reimagined democracy in times of pandemic Author(s):NICOLAÏDIS, Kalypso Date:2020Citation:
- Luis Miguel POIARES PESSOA MADURO and Paul W. KAHN (eds), Democracy in times of pandemic : different futures imagined, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2020, pp. 168-181
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:Never before has a majority of humanity focused collectively and simultaneously on the most elementary gift of life: Breath. We watched as the most vulnerable gave out their last breath in droves. We watched out for each ...