Title:The Impact of the European courts on the Italian Constitutional Court Author(s):MARTINICO, Giuseppe; POLLICINO, OresteDate:2011Citation:
- Patricia POPELIER, Catherine VAN DE HEYNING and Piet VAN NUFFEL (eds), Human Rights Protection in the European Legal Order: The interaction between the European and the National Courts, Cambridge, Intersentia, 2011, 261-285
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter describes the impact of EU law and of the ECHR on the case law of the Italian Constitutional Court.
Title:Complexity as the 'Efficient Secret' of the European Constitution: an Alternative (Explanatory) Proposal Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Type:Working PaperSeries/Number:EUI MWP; 2011/01Abstract:In order to explain the specificity of the European Constitution this work aims to analyse the latest constitutional trends of the European integration process in light of the idea of constitutional complexity. It is divided ...
Title:Shaping Rule of Law through Dialogue: International and supranational experiences Editor(s):FONTANELLI, Filippo; MARTINICO, Giuseppe; CARROZZA, PaoloDate:2010Citation:
- Groningen, Europa Law Publishing, 2010
Title:Constitutionalism as a “Resource”. A constitutional approach to the development debate Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Citation:
- International Journal of Public Law and Policy, 2011, 1, 2, 154-170
Type:ArticleAbstract:In this paper, I argue that cooperation for development may be seen as a technique of 'second-modernity' constitutionalism. I base this argument on the developmental goal of correcting the asymmetries produced by economic ...
Title:Comunità dei legislatori e circolazione dei modelli: il caso del Canada Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Citation:
- Lucia SCAFFARDI (ed.), Parlamenti in dialogo: L’uso della comparazione nella funzione legislativa, Napoli, Jovene Editore, 2011, 147-168
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This paper explores the phenomenon of dialogue among legislatures in the Canadian context. The work is divided into three parts. In the first part I develop the relation between the concept of “dialogue” and that of “legal ...
Title:L'interpretazione (del diritto sovranazionale) come impresa collettiva e reticolare? Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Citation:
- Roberto TONIATTI and Mattia MAGRASSI(eds), Magistrature, giurisdizione ed equilibrio istituzionale. Dinamiche e confronti europei e comparati, Padova, Cedam, 2011, Collana: Dipartimento di sceinze giuridiche. Università di Trento, 443-460
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Constitutional Failure or Constitutional Odyssey? What can we learn from Canada and Switzerland Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Citation:
- Perspectives on Federalism, 2011, 3, 1, E-51-E-77
Type:ArticleAbstract:According to many scholars, the rejection of the Constitutional Treaty and the disappointment caused by the contents of the Lisbon Treaty –- defined by Somek (2007) as a mere post-Constitutional Treaty – mark the failure ...
Title:The Impact of “Regional Blindness” on the Italian Regional State Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Type:Working PaperSeries/Number:IDEIR Working paper; 2011/05Abstract:To what extent do Italian courts adapt the national legal instruments (principles, rules and legal techniques) regarding state structure to the requirements of EU law? This paper aims to give an answer to this question by ...
Title:Judging in the Multilevel Legal Order: Exploring the Techniques of ‘Hidden Dialogue’ Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2010-01-01Citation:
- King’s Law Journal, 2010, 21, 2, 257-281
Type:ArticleAbstract:The aim of this paper is to focus on that particular form of judicial conversation represented by what I have endeavoured to call the techniques of 'hidden dialogue' between the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and the ...
Title:Born To Be Together: The constitutional complexity of the EU Author(s):MARTINICO, GiuseppeDate:2011Citation:
- Review of Constitutional Studies/Revue d’études constitutionnelles, 2011, 16, 1, 63-95