Title:The study of Western European cabinets Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:1988Citation:
- European Journal of Political Research, 1988, Vol. 16, No 2, pp. 115-123
Type:ArticleAbstract:We are still relatively unfamiliar with the structures and modes of behaviour of Western European cabinets and we need first to identify the range of the differences which exist with respect to two major dimensions along ...
Title:The profession of government minister in Western Europe Editor(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:1991Citation:
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire : Macmillan, 1991
Type:BookAbstract:Who are the cabinet ministers in Western Europe? Are they prepared for their tasks by the jobs which they did before - do specialists, for instance, come to take on the task of running specialist ministries? Are these ...
Title:Political leadership, parties and citizens : the personalisation of leadership Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-Louis; CZERNICKA, Katarzyna; INOGUCHI, Takashi; PATHMANAND, Ukrist; VENTURINO, FulvioDate:2010Citation:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010, Routledge research in comparative politics ; 30
Type:BookAbstract:Social structure may historically have been of primary importance in accounting for the attitudes and behavior of many citizens, but now changes in social structure have diminished the role played by class and religious ...
Title:France Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:2012Citation:
- Takashi INOGUCHI and Jean BLONDEL (eds), Political parties and democracy : contemporary Western Europe and Asia, New York ; Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, Asia today, pp. 33-50
Type:Contribution to book
Title:Parliamentary and presidential systems : the role of parties and the danger of authoritarian populism Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:2020Citation:
- Ivor CREWE and David SANDERS (eds), Authoritarian populism and liberal democracy, Cham : Palgrave Macmillan, 2020, pp. 169-183
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:To flourish under liberal-democratic rule, a parliamentary or a presidential system does not depend primarily on the existence of strong leadership, but on the presence of strong political parties. The continuous existence ...
Title:Presidents and democracy in Latin America Editor(s):ALCANTARA, Manuel; BLONDEL, Jean; THIEBAULT, Jean-LouisDate:2018Citation:
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2018
Type:BookAbstract:This new textbook provides students with a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the presidents and presidential leadership in Latin America. Unlike other texts, Presidents and Democracy in Latin America integrates ...