Title:L'analyse politique comparée et l'institutionnalisation des partis Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2003Citation:
- Revue Internationale de Politique Comparée, 2003, 10, 2, 247-264
Title:Political cultures do matter : citizens and politics in Western Europe and East and Southeast Asia Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; INOGUCHI, TakashiDate:2002Citation:
- Japanese journal of political science, 2002, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 151-171
Type:ArticleAbstract:This article is concerned with the examination of the attitudes of the 'common man' in two regions of the globe, both with respect to basic relations between citizen and state and with respect to the extent to which ...
Title:Do ministers do what they say? : ministerial unreliability, collegial and hierarchical governments Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MANNING, NDate:2002Citation:
- Political Studies, 2002, 50, 3, 455-476
Type:ArticleAbstract:This paper is concerned with the extent to which individual members of governments reliably implement the decisions of the governments to which they belong, a matter which is rarely discussed, if ever, and yet can be ...
Title:Political cultures in Asia and Europe : citizens, states and societal values Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; INOGUCHI, TakashiDate:2006Citation:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006, Politics in Asia series
Type:BookAbstract:This book is a study of the attitudes to political and social life among the citizens of eighteen countries in Western Europe, East and Southeast Asia. Drawing on data from the largest cross-national survey on political ...
Title:The nature of party government : a comparative European perspective Editor(s):BLONDEL, Jean; COTTA, MaurizioDate:2000Citation:
- New York : St. Martin's Press, 2000
Type:BookAbstract:"The nature of party government" examines relationships between governments and supporting parties on a comparative European basis. The book does so at the level of principles: there is a major conflict between governments, ...
Title:Cabinets in Eastern Europe Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, FerdinandDate:2001Citation:
- Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave, 2001
Type:BookAbstract:'Cabinets in Eastern Europe' is a comprehensive study which enables the reader to compare the origins, structure, composition and activities of these cabinets and to draw lessons from this comparison. Each chapter begins ...
Title:Governing new European democracies Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, Ferdinand; MALOVÁ, DarinaDate:2007Citation:
- Basingstoke ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007
Type:BookAbstract:'Governing new European democracies' is a fully comparative study of decision-making processes in the cabinets of ten post-communist countries of East-Central and South-Eastern Europe. It is based on interviews collected ...
Title:Party government, patronage, and party decline in Western Europe Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2002Citation:
- Richard GUNTHER, José Ramón MONTERO and Juan J. LINZ (eds), Political parties : old concepts and new challenges, Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2002, Comparative politics, pp. 233-256
Type:Contribution to book
Title:About institutions, mainly, but not exclusively, political Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2006Citation:
- R. A. W. RHODES, Sarah A. BINDER and Bert A. ROCKMAN (eds), The Oxford handbook of political institutions, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2006, The Oxford handbooks of political science, pp. 716-730
Type:Contribution to book