Title:The Genesis of the GATS (General Agreement on Trade in Services) Author(s):MARCHETTI, Juan A.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- European Journal of International Law, 2011, 22, 3, 689-721
Type:ArticleAbstract:The Uruguay Round services negotiations saw the light of day amidst pressures from lobbies in developed countries, unilateral retaliatory actions, and ideological struggle in the developing world. The final outcome, the ...
Title:Doha, Dohalf, or Dohaha? The WTO licks its wounds Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- Trade, Law and Development, 2011, 3, 2, 367-381
Type:ArticleAbstract:The most flattering statement regarding the Doha Round is that there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding its fate. The Doha Round, as originally designed and understood, is not an option anymore. Although a formula has ...
Title:Always Look at the Bright Side of Non-Delivery: WTO and Preferential Trade Agreements, Yesterday and Today Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- World Trade Review, 2011, 10, 3, 375-387
Type:ArticleAbstract:The disciplining of Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs) by the WTO has been ‘relaxed’ recently as a result of the new context (the Transparency Mechanism) within which notified PTAs are being multilaterally reviewed. This ...
Title:Right Back Where We Started From (or Are We?) Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- The Journal of World Investment & Trade, 2011, 12, 4, 449-456
Type:ArticleAbstract:There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the state of the Doha round negotiations. A formula has been found to keep the ball rolling but at this stage it is impossible to predict towards what direction. There is lack of ...
Title:Preferential Trade Agreements: A law and economic analysis Editor(s):BAGWELL, Kyle W.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- Cambridge/New York, Cambridge University Press, 2011, Columbia Studies in WTO Law and Policy
Type:BookAbstract:This volume assembles a stellar group of scholars and experts to examine preferential trade agreements (PTAs), a topic that has time and again attracted the interest of analysts. It presents a discussion of the evolving ...
Title:All Clear on the Investment Front: A plea for a restatement Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- José E. ALVAREZ and Karl P. SAUVANT (eds), The Evolving International Investment Regime: Expectations, realities, options, New York, Oxford University Press, 2011, 95-103
Type:Contribution to bookAbstract:This chapter argues that the discussion on trade and investment will not take off unless we first put together all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle. Both the discussion in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and ...
Title:EU and US Preferential Trade Agreements: Deepening or widening of WTO commitments? Author(s):HORN, Henrik; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.; SAPIR, AndréDate:2011Citation:
- Kyle W. BAGWELL and Petros C. MAVROIDIS (eds), Preferential Trade Agreements: A law and economic analysis, Cambridge/New York, Cambridge University Press, 2011, Columbia Studies in WTO Law and Policy, 150-172
Type:Contribution to book
Title:From Reluctant Participant to Key Player: EU and the negotiation of the GATS Author(s):MARCHETTI, Juan A.; MAVROIDIS, Petros C.Date:2011Citation:
- Inge GOVAERE, Reinhard QUICK and Marco BRONCKERS (eds), Trade and Competition Law in the EU and Beyond, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar, 2011, 48-95
Type:Contribution to book
Title:International Trade Observatory (ITO): Trade Roundtable Author(s):MAVROIDIS, Petros C.; HORN, Henrik; MESSERLIN, Patrick; PETERSMANN, Ernst-Ulrich; SAPIR, AndréDate:2011Type:OtherSeries/Number:EUI RSCAS PP; 2011/02; Global Governance Programme; Global EconomicsAbstract:The Doha round is going through tough times and at this stage it is impossible to predict its outcome. This is the central message coming from the meeting held on February 4, 2011 at EUI (RSCAS). For reasons having to do ...