Title:People and Parliament in the European Union : participation, democracy, and legitimacy Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; SINNOTT, Richard; SVENSSON, PalleDate:1998Citation:
- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1998
Type:BookAbstract:The power of the European Parliament has been steadily and visibly increasing in recent years. This arises from EU treaty changes and from the fact that more and more decisions are being made at the European level. At the ...
Title:Cabinets in Eastern Europe Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, FerdinandDate:2001Citation:
- Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave, 2001
Type:BookAbstract:'Cabinets in Eastern Europe' is a comprehensive study which enables the reader to compare the origins, structure, composition and activities of these cabinets and to draw lessons from this comparison. Each chapter begins ...
Title:Comparative government : an introduction Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:1990Citation:
- New York ; London : Philip Allan, 1990
Type:BookAbstract:A comprehensive and systematic introduction to the institutions and patterns of behavior of political systems worldwide. The book is concept rather than country based, looking in the depth at the key elements necessary to ...
Title:Government ministers in the contemporary world Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:1985Citation:
- London ; Beverly Hills : SAGE, 1985, Political executives in comparative perspective ; 3
Type:BookAbstract:Ministerial careers and the structure of ministerial careers have been largely neglected areas of study in political science. This third volume of Jean Blondel's comparative study of governments is the first book to explore ...
Title:Governing new European democracies Author(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, Ferdinand; MALOVÁ, DarinaDate:2007Citation:
- Basingstoke ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2007
Type:BookAbstract:'Governing new European democracies' is a fully comparative study of decision-making processes in the cabinets of ten post-communist countries of East-Central and South-Eastern Europe. It is based on interviews collected ...
Title:Cabinets in Western Europe (2nd edition) Editor(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, FerdinandDate:1997Citation:
- Basingstoke : Macmillan, 1997
Type:BookAbstract:This is the fully updated second edition of the presentation of the structure and workings of the national cabinets in Western European countries today. This book is based on a common framework which enables the reader to ...
Title:Cabinets in Western Europe Editor(s):BLONDEL, Jean; MÜLLER-ROMMEL, FerdinandDate:1988Citation:
- Basingstoke : Macmillan, 1988
Type:BookAbstract:This is the first-ever presentation of the structure and workings of the national cabinets in Western European countries today; this presentation is based on a common framework which enables the reader to compare their ...
Title:The presidential republic Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2015Citation:
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015
Type:BookAbstract:This study presents the presidential republic as the most widespread form of government in the contemporary world and looks at the countries which pioneered that development.It assesses the development of presidential ...
Title:Party government, patronage, and party decline in Western Europe Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2002Citation:
- Richard GUNTHER, José Ramón MONTERO and Juan J. LINZ (eds), Political parties : old concepts and new challenges, Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2002, Comparative politics, pp. 233-256
Type:Contribution to book
Title:About institutions, mainly, but not exclusively, political Author(s):BLONDEL, JeanDate:2006Citation:
- R. A. W. RHODES, Sarah A. BINDER and Bert A. ROCKMAN (eds), The Oxford handbook of political institutions, Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2006, The Oxford handbooks of political science, pp. 716-730
Type:Contribution to book